Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Rochester
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you expect it’s draining properly so your Rochester basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can quit running for a few various reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t draining like it should, get in touch with the Experts at Strogen's Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not run when required.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump starts and drains the water quickly.
- During drought-like weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Strogen's Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to shield your home from water damage, trust the professionals at Strogen's Service Experts to ensure yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 603-923-4570 or book an appointment online.