Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Rochester
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and freezing in Rochester, the Experts at Strogen's Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can fix problems with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are several things you can check before getting in touch with us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be incorrect. Check that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature turns off your furnace when it discovers an issue. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our Expert service technicians. Call Strogen's Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pushing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely signals there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be found in the burner chamber
- Burner runs but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Strogen's Service Experts can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our specialists have finished in-depth testing to earn the highest HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are well-equipped to take care of most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help prevent furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace working, Strogen's Service Experts technicians can go over a membership plan that could limit pricey repairs and make your furnace heat more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating bills.