What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with long exposure.

chat now widget box