Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to start. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Rochester.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when operated correctly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are working accurately, including your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking regular furnace maintenance with Strogen's Service Experts.