When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still be hiding toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Many people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first think about trying the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Strogen's Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Strogen's Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Strogen's Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.