Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Rochester, you might be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some things to consider, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Strogen's Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new units together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any large short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the best efficiency, making your house cozier and decreasing your long-term heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be authorized for a discount as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Strogen's Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 603-923-4570 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.