Air conditioners don’t run forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Rochester, you might be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some things to consider, as well as the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Strogen's Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any large short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your house comfier and reducing your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be authorized for a special deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Strogen's Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 603-923-4570 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.