Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many people in Rochester. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Rochester heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Rochester heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Strogen's Service Experts a call at 603-923-4570 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its peak in the Rochester heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Rochester temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.