Building a new residence? Upgrading your present equipment? No matter why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may shortly realize you have more alternatives than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you measure four different solutions so you can choose the right air conditioner in Rochester.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the whole home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps operate just like central air conditioners. Many models can also provide heat in the winter.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a location with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t have (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly silent, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet hovers at a stable 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump taps into this constant well of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your residence utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your house for the subterranean loops.
This is another kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence, or a new addition to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re seeking to get zoning for your residence.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Strogen's Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you select the best one for your family. Please contact us at 603-923-4570 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.