There are many vapors that could be within your Rochester residence. Natural gas and vapors that originate from residential furniture, carpeting and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Strogen's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 603-923-4570 today to start defending your family against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a life and death situation, so it’s not a thing to take lightly.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you aren’t able to see it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in small amounts and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of used fuel. It can creep into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how large the leak is and the airflow in a house, it could become lethal in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, you will need five hours to remove it from your body. You will need an extra five hours to cut that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mimic Other Illnesses
The gas could also cause conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several things you can complete to keep your residence safe:
- Every residence with at least one fuel-burning heater, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You should have an alarm on all levels of your house, on top of the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t have a carbon monoxide system in your house?
Call Strogen's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 603-923-4570 to buy one. Ask our specialists about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently use a carbon monoxide detector, frequently check or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, exit your house right away and dial 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from Strogen's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be safe from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Strogen's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 603-923-4570 to learn more.