How to Protect Your Home in Extreme Cold
It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Strogen's is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.