Planning routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Rochester operating at peak performance while keeping electricity needs down. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Strogen's Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do on your own as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that entails a big dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the perfect time to get your AC equipment freshened and checked out. Waiting to switch it on until the first warm day of the season can be a gamble. If you have to schedule a fix or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that can become extremely unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh air conditioning system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, AC maintenance can be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling unit in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your system, because this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Strogen's Service Experts at 603-923-4570, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros begin the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to remove any accumulation from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your unit is starting, running and turning off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that require extra service, we are set to give you the most economical solution. Uncovering possible troubles early might solve larger issues later on. This also offers you time to strategize if your AC is aging.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to pick the right equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to request your checkup? Call us at 603-923-4570 or schedule an appointment online today.