Booking routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Rochester running at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption small. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are a few things you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Strogen's Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the perfect time to get your AC equipment scrubbed and checked out. Waiting to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be a gamble. If you have to schedule a fix or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that can turn awfully unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh air conditioning system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioning maintenance can be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling unit in the ultimate order:
- Change your air filter suggests each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn maintenance by the outside condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Strogen's Service Experts at 603-923-4570, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is starting, running and turning off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that require additional work, we are set to give you the most cost-effective solution. Finding likely issues early might solve larger troubles later on. This also provides you time to strategize if your system is getting older.
When you are seeking a new cooling system to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to request your tune-up? Contact us at 603-923-4570 or schedule an appointment online today.