When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s needs in Rochester. A tankless water heater is a good route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to worry about paying for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it travels to the tap, where you then have hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—specifically for big households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to handle a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you decide what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most households in the Rochester area do just fine with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any point.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you decrease the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Strogen's Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Rochester home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 603-923-4570
or request an appointment with us online.