Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are a lot of potential gases that may be present in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors released from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But nothing is as harmful as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is potentially a matter of life and death, so it’s not something to joke about. What is extremely concerning is that it is hard to detect because it is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can make its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on the size of the leak and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can become fatal in a matter of minutes, or it could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

It is important to not risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some recommended action items to protect yourself and your family:

  1. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Strogen's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Rochester to purchase one. Ask our experts about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, don’t forget to check the batteries on a regular basis. Testing should be done every few months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start to have flu-like symptoms, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can protect your family from its dangers. Take the necessary steps and call Strogen's Service Experts in Rochester at 603-923-4570 to learn more.

Strogen's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
113 Milton Road
Rochester, New Hampshire 03868

Phone: 603-923-4570
Email: strogens@serviceexperts.com
MBE0900129